facebook events widget for wordpress v1.1.7

A new release of the facebook events widget for wordpress.

Changes since v1.1.4:

• 1.1.7
    • displaying no events message where there are no events.
  • 1.1.6
    • fix not displaying times for events.
    • added new checkbox for old timestamps.
      if your using an old app id and you notice events from the past then you should mark this.
  • 1.1.5
    • fix parsing events timestamps.

Posted in wordpress Tagged with: ,
44 comments on “facebook events widget for wordpress v1.1.7
  1. Jacob Acosta says:

I have installed your Facebook Events Widget plugin for WordPress, created an App on Facebook, and got the Page ID# for http://facebook.com/rollacostamusic, entered the Facebook App ID, and Facebook secret code from that app into your widget but still have nothing showing up on my personal website. Please help, what am I doing wrong. Thanks

-Jake

2. Oscar says:

Hi, I have a problem with event dates, they do not match with fb event’s dates… there is a difference of 1 day among them.

Thanks

3. Oscar says:

Ok I found out why, sorry… it’s the hour displacement option… thanks for the work, by the way. :)

4. anis says:

i,

I installed the plugin and configured it. But I get a certificate exception:

Caught exception: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

what is wrong?

• Roi says:

Hi,
      not sure why you get this but can u try the following.
      edit the file facebook.php around line 109 there are the default curl options.
      try to add CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER as false.

5. SDS says:

Hi, I’m also having problems with start time / end time not matching the FB events. The events happen in different time zones around the world, so the hours are off by various counts. Otherwise great plugin!!

Help please?

• SDS says:

btw if I can just remove all instances of time (and just leave the date), that would be fine too. I’m not sure which lines of code to remove as the date and time seem to be connected together?

thx again

• Roi says:

so each event different timezone?
        can you share the page url, i would like to see if i can get timezone off the events.

as for removing time, look in lines 338 and 345.
        you can remove the if-else block and leave $start_time=” and $end_time=”

so you wont see times at all but only days.

6. Nico says:

I’m also having troubles with having the correct times displaying but it’s only happening in the headings. Eg. it shows the proper event date & time but the heading says “TOMORROW” when it’s actually the day after tomorrow.

I’ve tried adjusting all of the timezones but I can’t seem to get it to display properly. Any ideas?

7. Richie says:

Hi.

I dont get the time for the events to be right.

I have tried to change the adjust time in the widget area but with no luck…

Any ideas?

8. mass says:

Hello. I am having a similar issue as others with start/end times being incorrect for events that happen in different time zones.

For example, if I create an event at 5pm in NYC, it will display correctly, but if I create an event in Los Angeles at 5 pm, it will display as 8pm. I have the “Adjust Time” option in the widget set to “4″.

It seems that the “Adjust Time” option in the widget doesn’t take into account the possiblilty that events might occur in different time zones?

Also – there was a problem with daylight savings where I had to adjust the “Adjust Time” option down from 5 to 4, I guess it is not adjusted automatically?

• Roi says:

I never checked fan page with multiple time zones.
      can you share the fan page link so I can check?

about the daylight. i format the time according to what set in wordpress settings so it should have worked. i’ll check that.

9. Roi, trying to configure the plugin but getting the error about the token. I have each of the lines filled in including the token, but still the error. You mentioned above on line 109 adding curl…but not sure where to put it. Would appreciate your support.

Thanks,
    Dennis

• Roi says:

In facebook.php line 109 you see this code:

public static $CURL_OPTS = array(
      CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT => 10,
      CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
      CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 60,
      CURLOPT_USERAGENT => 'facebook-php-2.0',
      );

try to add inside:

CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => false,

10. The times of events on my website are all off by 1 hour starting on Nov. 5. I have two events each night, at 8 and 10pm, but they are showing as 9 and 11pm. I assume it has to do with daylight savings time but I don’t see how to change it. Thanks.

11. Jackhop says:

Hi Roi, would it be possible in your opinion to let the widget show the participants (along with small thumbnails of their fb profile picture) who have confirmed their attendance to the event?
    Would you be so kind to post the code I should integrate?
    Thanks a lot ;)

• Roi says:

it is possible. but there isn’t enough room usually when using the widget on a small space.
      I don’t have code to paste here as it’s more than just a few lines.

basically, you can add to the query to receive info for each member of the event, name and pic. then need to use that info in the create div event function.

12. scarlett says:

Hi,

Thank you for the plugin and your time! One question as it seems everything works fine: Can we reverse the sorting of the events if all events are displayed? Right now they are in descending, and I can’t reverse the order?

We are currently seeing a list of 6-7 events, first of which is in March 2014… last is November 2013 (which should be first).

Thank you again for your time!

13. scarlett says:

Ah! I just noted you’re using v1.7, but the plugin we’re using is v1.0 (http://wordpress.org/plugins/facebook-events-widget/)- the most recent on WP as of today. Is there a way to download the latest version you are using?

14. Andrew B. says:

The facebook events widget is working, however there is a blank space after the widget that I can’t figure out how to get rid of. Any help would be appreciated.

• Roi says:

Hi Andrew,

It’s the container height.
      Try editing style.css and look for .fb-events-container
      change height to max-height.
      This should solve it.