facebook events widget for wordpress v1.1.4

A quick update to let you know there is a new release of the facebook events widget for wordpress
fixing an issue with facebook replying the time of the events in a different format.

Posted in wordpress Tagged with: , ,
22 comments on “facebook events widget for wordpress v1.1.4
  1. John says:

Dear Roi,

I have a problem with your plugin that I cannot resolve, I hope you can help me.

The event is displayed fine in WordPress, but the issue is, that the event date/time is set to 31 december 1969, 23.30 – 23.00. The date for the event as published on Facebook is the 25th of august 2012.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Gr. John

2. Aaron says:

Roi,

For some reason the Facebook Event widget is not showing the date correctly. I updated to 1.1.4 to see if that fixed the issue, but it did not.
    The event that is not showing up correctly is August 18, 2012
    99X & Unplugged in the Park presents Chris Barron of the Spin Doctors, Kevn Kinney, & Jennifer Daniels. It should read August 19, 2012 as it does in facebook. Here is the link for the facebook event. https://www.facebook.com/events/256702231102938/
    Thanks for your help.
    Aaron

3. Julian says:

Hi Roi,

Can you explain to me what the Time Offset really does? For some reason I can’t set the time of the event right in WordPress.

• Roi says:

Its for adding or decreasing number of hours from the time as retrieved from fb.
      i.e. offset of 2 will add 2 hours and offset of -2 will decrease 2 hours.

4. Chino says:

Hi Roi,
    I feel I should start by thanking for the great plugin you’ve created. Hugely useful and I’ve been using it for quite some time now.

I’m also having some trouble with time and date. My event is shown with a 3hr offset and the Time Offset setting seems to do no effect at all. And I should clarify I am using 1.1.6.

Just to be clear, the Time Offset setting is accessible through the plugin editor, ¿right? I might be getting that wrong.
    ¡Thanks for your help!

5. Pouya says:

Very goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

6. chris says:

This plugin is awesome! Is there any way to display the past events for an archive page?

7. Rahul says:

Is there a way to pull events from a page’s calendar? I maintain calendar on my fan page and not on my individual account.

8. Petra says:

Hello Roi

Can you help me with this problem. Recently the widget only shows big pictures on the homepage and no text anymore. Before it was okay. In the widget I marked small picture but that doesn’t help? I can’t find the problem.

grts
    p.

• Roi says:

maybe you have a plugin that modifies how images are displayed?
      I checked and it seems now that facebook gives even smaller images than before.

9. KB says:

:grin:

Awesome plugin, and the new 1.16 works perfectly, we noticed if the person creating the event on facebook doesnt have the UTC as well, it shows up the wrong time in the plugin compared to other events with UTC time, so everyone posting events make sure you put your times in facebook correctly!

10. they are all very nice, congratulations wordpress plugin.